Every pet owner in our area googles the same question, “Who is the best vet in Wichita, KS?” It’s a good search, and it’s filled with lots of qualified, caring vets. But what should you look for in a veterinarian or vet clinic? How do you know which vet will be a good fit for your pet and your family?
Choosing the best vet in Wichita—or anywhere—is similar to choosing your own primary care physician. Many of the same steps you would take to find out more about a doctor, you will take when researching veterinarians and vet clinics.
1. Ask your friends and family who they recommend. This is an easy step to take and one that will probably hold the most weight in making your decision. Friends and family often have similar tastes and preferences so who they recommend may just be your best bet.
2. Research a vet’s website. According to Dogtime.com, the website for a vet clinic can provide some insight into the personality of the veterinarian or clinic, as well as answer some of the practical questions you may have including hours of operation, location, phone number, accreditations, and what kinds of pets they cater to helping.
3. Schedule a visit to meet the vet and the staff. Call the office to see if they can schedule a meet and greet with their team. This will help you see if your pet is comfortable in that office environment and if they mesh well with the vet, vet techs, and other staff. If you or your pet are uncomfortable with a vet clinic, it’s best to find that out before an emergency arises.
4. Learn about their payment policies and emergency care. Not all vet clinics bill the same, and it’s good to know what to expect before you need services. Do they have emergency services or do they recommend an emergency vet clinic or hospital?
5. Learn more about the services they offer. Some vets, like Cimarron Animal Hospital, have services such as Pet Boarding. Some offer grooming services in addition to medical care. Ask questions about all the services they offer to make sure they are equipped to meet the needs of your pets.
In Wichita, we have many caring vets and vet clinics, but we, of course, are partial to Cimarron Animal Hospital. We would love to get to know you and your pets! We offer a variety of services including pet boarding, microchipping, laser therapy, preventative services, spay and neutering, surgical services, physical exams, allergy consultations, gentle dentistry, radiology, wellness and vaccinations, flea and tick control, and specialty diets. Also, we do treat exotic animals in addition to more typical pets. We would love to be part of your pet care team. Contact us to schedule a time to meet with our team!
Our updated hours are:
Mon., Wed., Fri. 8AM-5:30PM
Saturday - CLOSED starting March 28
Please call our office or email us at [email protected] with questions about your pets.
Thank you for your understanding and just know we are trying our best to help everyone get through the COVID-19 pandemic. We are following the AVMA and KVMA guidelines during this difficult time.
We are here for you and your family, and thank you for your patience and understanding.