A startling 1 to 3 MILLION PEOPLE are infected with zoonotic parasites in the U.S. every year!
Zoonosis is any disease or parasite that can be transmitted from animals to humans. Anthrax, E coli, rabies, salmonella, and mad cow disease are all examples of commonly-known zoonotic conditions. Ensuring your pets are vaccinated and healthy has a direct impact on the health of everyone in your household.
Tips for protecting your family from zoonotic infection:
• Use a broad-spectrum heartworm product that also protects year-round against zoonotic parasites.
• Promptly collect animal feces in your environment and dispose of them.
• Instruct children to wash their hands often – and properly!
• Always wear shoes when outside.
• Make unprotected sandboxes off-limits to pets and children.
• The veterinarians of Cimarron Animal Hospital keep your pets healthy, so you can be sure your whole family is healthy and happy!
Cimarron offers many solutions to keep your pets free from ticks and fleas.
Cimarron recommends hyposensitization treatment for allergies.
Feline Leukemia is an incurable disease, but there are Cimarron Animal Hospital offers several vaccines.
One mosquito bite is all it takes to infect an unprotected dog.
Leptospirosis is a bacterial disease that can happen to most animals, especially livestock and wildlife, and is contracted from bacteria in stagnant water. It is contagious and can be transmitted from animal to animal. Please ask about the leptospirosis vaccination during your pet's next wellness check.